Discover where to buy fresh, natural Kestrel Potatoes at a location near you.
3 medium Kestrel potatoes, cut into 1 cm rounds
1 knob of ginger
2 clove garlic
2 tbs. Rice Bran oil
1 tsp. mustard seeds
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1 tsp. chilli powder
½ tsp. turmeric powder + extra
2 tsp. coriander powder
4 tbs. yoghurt
1 tbs. chopped coriander leaves
- In a food processor, puree the onion, ginger and garlic.
- Place the potatoes in a pot of salted boiling water and add a pinch of turmeric. Cook for 5 minutes. And then drain.
- Heat the oil in a frypan over medium heat. When hot, put in the mustard seeds and let it pop for 5 to 10 seconds. Then put the cumin seeds and let them sizzle for another 10 seconds. Now add the chilli, turmeric, and coriander and salt in that order and fry for about 1 minute to allow the spices release their flavours. Now add the onion mixture and cook off for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and mix well until the potatoes are coated with the spices. Add 100 ml of water and allow to cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Add yoghurt, 1 tablespoon at a time and stir until combined into sauce.
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve.
Packed full of fibre for a healthy digestive system, plus loads of vitamins and minerals, see why Kestrel potatoes are a healthy, nutritious choice.
How to cook
Mashed, roasted, boiled or fried – discover the many ways you can cook a Kestrel.