Discover where to buy fresh, natural Kestrel Potatoes at a location near you.
1.25 kg large potatoes
1 head garlic, split into cloves and bashed with the flat part of a knife or by hand (optional)
30 g rosemary sprigs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160ºC fan/gas mark 4.
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut into quarters. Put them in a bowl under running water for 5 minutes to wash the starch off.
- Cover the potatoes with water in a large saucepan then add the garlic and rosemary, if using, and bring to the boil. Cook for about 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are very soft and almost breaking apart. Drain carefully and leave to cool in the colander.
- Meanwhile, pour 5 mm of olive oil into a roasting tray large enough to hold the potatoes in one layer. Place the tray in the oven for 15 minutes to preheat the oil.
- Add the potatoes to the pan and coat them in the hot oil. Place the tray back in the oven for at least 1 hour and 15 minutes, turning the potatoes gently every 20 minutes, until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy all over.
- Drain on kitchen paper and season with salt.
Packed full of fibre for a healthy digestive system, plus loads of vitamins and minerals, see why Kestrel potatoes are a healthy, nutritious choice.
How to cook
Mashed, roasted, boiled or fried – discover the many ways you can cook a Kestrel.