Discover where to buy fresh, natural Kestrel Potatoes at a location near you.
- A modern potato variety, the Kestrel potato was developed by renowned plant breeder Dr Jack Dunnett in 1992.
- Kestrels are best known for their unique purple blush, a naturally occurring trait which is passed on from their parent variety, the Cara potato.
- Perfect for mashing, roasting, boiling and frying, Kestrels are a highly versatile variety with a delicious slightly-sweet flavour. Their even, oval shape and shallow eyes allows for easy preparation.
- A quality Aussie vegetable, Kestrels are exclusively grown and sold by SA Potato Company.
- Recent independent testing even revealed Kestrels as the highest ranked potatoes for taste, texture and appearance when boiled or fried (SARDI 2009).
From tasty salads to tantalising mains, see how the humble Kestrel potato can transform your next meal.
Packed full of fibre for a healthy digestive system, plus loads of vitamins and minerals, see why Kestrel potatoes are a healthy, nutritious choice.
Mashed, roasted, boiled or fried – discover the many ways you can cook a Kestrel.